- Seven days
- Optional 24 hour Solo-fasting-time in nature
New roots: War-Grandchild-Souljourney through the four shields
(with Co-Guide Petra Lenz-Snow)
In a healthy and natural forest, all related trees are connected via their deep roots and a network of mycelium. A lively cooperation and exchange takes place. Warning about pests and water shortage is passed on. When there is shortage, nutrients are exchanged. The mother trees „suckle“ their children and help them not to grow in unwanted directions. In this, every tree finds it place in the big structure of the forest.
In our traumatized German society we are – generally speaking – neither well rooted, nor can we fall back upon a healthy network. Be it because of flight experiences of our grandparents during the war, their often fragmented personalities caused by it, or the deeply felt shame about our history: it is difficult to connect with this dark heritage.
The four shields and medicine-wheels are a firm part in the cultures of man indigenous tribes. They are the backbones of the oldest, holistic, nature-based psychology. Nature-based cultures developed these models by observing natures cycles and how these processes are bringing itself back into a healthy balance over and over again. Working with the four shields can help you to let go of all these all stories that hinder you from realizing your dreams and to fully take your seat in life. Our time together therefor will also be about the question, what it means, to regain a new connection with yourself and your roots.
The medicine-wheel and the four shields are a map, framework and anchor. They show you, where you are in balance and rooted. But also, which old structures are to be let go of, to be able to make new connections, to this bigger and deeper Version of you, that is now to nurture. You are doing this work not only for yourself, but also always for the upcoming generations.
- This format is suitable also for people with few nature-experience.
- Our motto is always: safety first.
- We meet for seven days on a beautiful retreat center in the Bavarian forest.
- The keepers of this place – Arthur & Christine – have a private forest on their property. They have let this forest grow in its natural way for the past years, so it may come back to its natural, healthy and organic strength.
- You will have the oportunity to do a medicine walk for 2-3 hours/day in this forest. You will get special tasks to do so. The time in nature is interwoven with the telling of your stories in circle. We will sit in Council, a non-hierarchical form of communication, where we lsietn and speak from the heart. Council gives the save container as well for your individual story, as for the collective story, that emerges by our time together. On the fith day you will have an optional 24hour Solo-Fasting–time in nature. Here you have the room to let go of old structures and to receive new and life-affirming messages. On the morning oft he sixth day, you will come back. We celebrate the new story, you stepped into with a celebration meal and telling of your stories.
Dates & Enrollment
- 11 days
- Optional 24 hours Solo-fasting-time in nature
A new story: rites of passage for WarGrandchildren
(with Co-Guide Petra Lenz-Snow)
As WarGrandchild you were born into a deeply traumatized culture and family. This left you with deep soul-scars. You may have felt for quite some time now, how these deep soul-wounds negatively influence your life. Or you have discovered this topic just recently. In any case, you strongly feel the call to heal these wounds.
Also nature knows wounds. She knows about their necessity and has million years experience to transform them into something miraculous. A grain of sand injures the sensitive, inner seashell. A unique pearl develops. A tree is struck by lightening and a branch breaks off. The tree produces healing resin. Over the course of million years and facing the elements, a piece of jewellery emerges: amber.
As WarGrandchild you probably do not feel as a unique piece of jewellery. Instead, you might not even know, who you are. Maybe you even thought about how senseless and painful this life is and for what reason you landed on this earth. Already as a little child, you had to – mainly by yourself – go through crises and be strong for your parents. Your parents were not able to really see and mirror you in your uniqueness – due to their story. And because of the collective Trauma, our society is not very helpful with this either.
Indigenous people in all cultures and during all times knew, that holistically healthy communities, need people, who are aware of their unique potential and qualities. So they can bring them in for the sake of all. Here our deepest wish “to be ourselves” meets naturally, what our community needs most. From the rituals of the indigenous people, Greek mythology, to our modern times: we can find numerous forms of rites of passages, having the same general pattern: change occurs through a threshold-experience, holding the potential to initiate into a new life.
Our rites-of-passage is such a threshold-experience: you will get the room to look in depth at your formlery experienced wounds and pain, and to mourn them. You are invited to let go of and let die, what you do not need anymore and what may have never been yours. To be counted also pain and wounds you received from the collective soul, maybe already in your mothers’ womb. Your personal story will be linked to a bigger meaning and you will call in a new life, that is your very own now. You mark the beginning of a new life-chapter. The healing of your wound will also heal the collective wound and the following generations – and you will give birth to a new story.
- This rites-of passage lasts 11 days. After an intense, preparation time (3,5 days), you will spend four days and nights alone in nature. The Incorporation time last 3,5 days and will prepare you for your return into everyday life.
- The three stages
- Severance: during preparation time in base-camp, you slow down, let go of your everyday life and focus more and more inside. You spend time in nature and look for your solo spot in the woods. You tell your story in the circle. From us Guides, you will be supported to further “polish” your intent. We help you prepare for fasting and give practical advice for a safety-system.
- Threshold: Four days and nights you go alone and fasting into the woods. You solely carry enough water and the necessary protection. You will become silent and empty. You will listen deep inside and outside. You will get into contact with the beings in nature and your inner being. What happens out there? Nobody can say that. It will be your unique story. Only one thing is for sure: you close your old story and let go of it. Us Guides will be in basecamp during this time and are always available for you.
- Incorporation: We await you at the threshold. Together we break the fast and celebrate your return. You tell your story in the circle. It will be heard, honoured and mirrored. We prepare you to return home and for the Integration into your every day life.
- Your parents were children during WW2.
- You know about the consequences of unprocessed war traumata.
- You feel: it is time now, to heal these wounds.
- You want to let go of the old and live a new story
- Experience with working in nature is not a prerequisite. You also do not need to be experienced in sleeping outside in nature.
- Health circumstances, which do not allow four days of fasting, can be taken care of.
- Different “Fitness levels” are no problem.
Dates & Enrollment